Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teves Mark II ABS
My ABS light came on in my car. The pedal is soft as well and the brake light will occasionally come on during repeated brakes. I ordered the 3000psi tool off fleabay and will check the accumulator pressure, as you can still get the accumulator, but my guess is it's the hydro unit which is all in one.
The OEM P/N is 10112685 , which of course is NLA and not found anywhere.
Cardone used to have a rebuild one, for just over $1k, they still do for some other ones. It was 12-3409 for this car , but is NLA from them anymore. They have a couple other very similar units for the Reatta and a Caddy/Rivera/Toronado, 12-3411 and 12-3415.
The pedals got that same as any other blown master feel to it, I'm sure it's a $2 seal internally.

There is one company that claims to have a rebuilt one for this car. But I'm not sure about them. Invasion products. They have bad reviews as well, so I dunno. Plus I really don't want to spend that amount of $$$. http://www.invasionautoproducts.com/19po60steanl.html

They used these on a few vehicles, GM, Ford & Chrysler, the Ford Thunderbird from the era , their forums seem to have the most info on these units.

Anyone dealt with the Teves Mark II before? If cardone can rebuild it, I should be able to as well. Not sure though.

This is the 12-3411 for Rivera/Toronado/Eldorado/Seville of late 80's early 90's. Mine looks the same, more or less.

I bought this special tool J35604 ($9 on fleabay) required from the service manual in hopes mabey it was the accumulator. Nope. It's the hydro unit. Tool is just a 3000psi gauge and hose the magic is the special fitting on the end that fits in place of a bolt on the unit.