Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
94 Ciera up and running but...
Took the Ciera out again today,  is fun to have her going again Rolleyes   Bit of history for this car,  we got it from mom in law with about 25k on it.  No probs for years until the inevitable sensor issues began showing up.   Fella down the road was parting out a Silhouette, so I got the wheels and the swaybar.  Couple of years later  the LIM goblin awoke and filled my crankcase with antifreeze.  (this is the L82 3100 SFI V6 btw) Had some wagon springs on the back for awhile but finally pulled em back out.  New struts up front, replaced tranny and engine mounts.  Now dealing with the idle issue.  Pulled the fuel pressure reg vacuum hose this morning with no change in revs,  interestingly, pulled the MAF plug and she would sit and idle in gear.  Huh   Might fire up my 30mm Avenger parts cannon and get a new MAF just to rule that out.   I'm afraid I've got a manifold leak.  Will update as I go through this,  I am a terrible troubleshooter, but hopefully will eventually iron the idle out.   Shy   Went through some curvies on the way home,  pretty amazing how flat she corners Cool

Messages In This Thread
94 Ciera up and running but... - by Doc Salvage - 08-21-2024, 04:17 PM
RE: 94 Ciera up and running but... - by Doc Salvage - 08-22-2024, 03:47 PM
RE: 94 Ciera up and running but... - by Keith1976 - 08-26-2024, 10:21 PM