Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Olds Ciera Dash Brake Light Fix
(08-03-2024, 11:50 PM)Keith1976 Wrote: Hey hey thanks Doc . The old abs systems aren't hard to replace and rebuild it's more or less finding the parts to do so . The actual piston valves tend to wear and the o rings give out hence loss of pressure . If it's actually the unit itself not the brake booster . A vacuum leak from the engine as well can lead up to issues or leaking brake wheel cylinders . In key on function before the car starts the pump primes the system . A test u can do is take the booster hose off the intake and cap the intake Inlet off so u can run the car . See if you have manual brakes . Also in the 96 like my 95 there is a white relay u can unhook from the passenger firewall to disable the abs . I have done so much with the same unit and being 275 k mines been good but electrical grounds and bad bulbs . What I would do is find another 96 and grab a spare incase parts like the two valves inside leaking causing the loss of pressure . Usually you would get leaks from the snap ring on top with the cap on each . So I would make sure u have manual brakes first would rule out some major leaks like mushing pedal or traveling to the floor ( brake booster does that to hence by passing the vacuum to see if you have hard pedal and brakes at idle . If the diapham is shot the pedal would drop . So rule out the easy stuff but if grab a used 96 from a junk yard 99% chance u will have slow mileage good one and be done but while your there replace the booster . If you never taken one off the car have a extra hand ucc C will see the sheer bulk and weight

oops late reply here,  thank ya man.  I hit the Birmingham pull a part the other day...two count em two A-bodies...both Centurys.  One had the 3300 in it.  Fewer and fewer showing up.  Sad

Messages In This Thread
1996 Olds Ciera Dash Brake Light Fix - by slacker - 06-20-2024, 02:46 AM
RE: 1996 Olds Ciera Dash Brake Light Fix - by Doc Salvage - 08-22-2024, 03:35 PM